“RISEBA” Architecture and Media Centre H2O 6,
4 Durbes street, Riga
This year's Forum theme – INVESTMENT READINESS. We will talk about investments in the context of social entrepreneurship, discuss and jointly seek ideas on what social enterprises should do in order to draw the attention of investors, hear social enterprise stories from Latvia and Italy about working with different investors, explore the most common stumbling blocks in attracting investments, as well as talk with investors to find out what they are looking for in social enterprises. The special event of the Forum: pitching competition for social enterprises and social entrepreneurship ideas, the winner will be determined by the audience vote.
The full PROGRAMME is available below or you can download it here.
Languages: Latvian and English (simultaneous translation)
Moderator: Kristīne Garklāva, TV journalist
Forum audience: 170 participants (social enterprises, stakeholders, investors) from Latvia and other Baltic states
Participation fee: € 50, for members of the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia: € 35.
Tickets available until May 14 at www.ekase.lv
For additional information about the Social Entrepreneurship Forum 2018 contact Līga Ivanova, email@example.com, +371 26464686
9:00 – 10:00 Registration and morning coffee
10:00 – 10:15 Opening of the Forum
- Madara Ūlande, Director of the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia
- Igors Graurs, Vice-rector for Development of University of Business, Arts and Technology “RISEBA”
10:15 – 11:45 Session 1: INVESTMENTS
- Rūdolfs Krese, Board Member of the Latvian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association and Investment Director of the Venture Capital Fund “ZGI Capital”: Types of investment and opportunities they offer for the entrepreneurship development.
- Reinis Budriķis, Project Manager of the Management Consultancy Company “Civitta”: Are we ready for investment attraction?
- Discussion, Q&A
11:45 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 Session 2: SOCIAL ENTERPRISE INVESTMENT EXPERIENCE STORIES
- Andrs Hermanis, Founder of Social Enterprise “Blind Art”, First ALTUM Social Entrepreneurship grant receiver in Latvia: [NO]SUCCESS story
- Giulia Houston, Representative of the Social Enterprise “Project QUID” /Progetto QUID/, Social Innovation Tournament 2015 finalist, Italy: Business for good in the fashion industry.
14:00 – 15:00 Pitching Competition for Social Enterprises and Social Entrepreneurship Ideas – EUR 1000 prize from the Charity Shop “Otra Elpa”
Five social enterprises and authors of social entrepreneurship ideas — members of the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia – will pitch themselves and their ideas, and compete for 1000 EUR mini-investment.The winner will be determined by the audience vote.
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break and voting for pitches
15:30 – 17:30 Session 3: INVESTORS' POINT OF VIEW
- Ģirts Priede, Head of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Segment for SEB bank: Different laws, one truth.
- Jānis Rancāns, Chairperson of the Board of the Latvian Business Angel Network /LatBAN/: What do investors look for and what do they want? Most common mistakes in the investment requests.
- Madara Dambe - Krastkalne, Head of Programme Development Department of Development Finance Institution ALTUM: What type of social enterprise can receive funding from ALTUM — requirements, recommendations, first conclusions.
- Claus Bjorn Billehoj, Executive Director of the Social Capital Fund – Denmark /Den Sociale Kapitalfond/: Opinion and experience of social impact investors from Denmark.
- Discussion, Q&A
17:30 – 17:40 Announcing and awarding winner of pitching competition, closing of the Forum
From 17:40 Networking